TO SEE MORE BURGERS, BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH PAGE OR JUST CLICK ON A TIMELINE BELOW...
ATTENTION: BOYCOTT YELP.COM NOW!!!
I NO LONGER POST REVIEWS ON YELP.COM BECAUSE THEY CATER TO RESTAURANTS THAT GIVE THEM MONEY AND PURPOSELY "FILTER" (HIDE) GOOD REVIEWS FOR THOSE WHO CHOOSE NOT TO PAY UP. THEY ARE NOT SHOWING YOU "ALL" THE REVIEWS. THEY WILL TELL YOU THEY HAVE AN AUTOMATED SYSTEM THAT PICKS AND CHOOSES REVIEWS THEY FEEL ARE UNBIASED - DON'T BELIEVE THEM! IT'S JUST A MONEY-MAKING SCAM! STICK WITH URBANSPOON OR TRIPADVISOR, AT LEAST YOU'LL SEE "ALL" THE COMMENTS SO "YOU" CAN DECIDE TO TRY IT OR NOT!

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Loading...

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
No Bull Burger Purist - Born and raised in NJ, the heart of the tri-state area and home to the oldest (and best) burger joints in the country. I don't need all the frilly toppings, happy servers or trendy decor, just a good burger...

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pop's Burgers, Washington Township, NJ

Pop's Burgers on Urbanspoon

"CRAPPY PHOTO ALERT"
Where: Pop's Burgers, Washington Township, NJ
What: Cheeseburger
Build: 1/2 pound certified 100% Angus beef burger patty, lettuce, tomato, raw onion, sesame seed roll.
Comment: I love trying new burger joints, especially Ma & Pa burger joints because you never know when you're going to strike gold. Meet Terri, our counter girl-
Pop's is a burger joint with potential, but I gotta tell  you, they need to step it up just a bit and they'll do very well. My only constructive criticism would be: if you're taking the time to ask how a customer wants their burger cooked... it should come out that way. I ordered my usual medium/rare and got my burger med/well. Other than that, Pop's was a good experience and I hope (with a little tweaking) that Pop's succeeds. On to the burger...
the meat was a bit too tightly packed for me... I prefer a loose-pack burger but it was very tasty none the less. The toppings were fresh also and the bun was very different... in fact, I've never quite had a sesame seed bun that looked like a soft hamburger bun but had all the attributes of a round Italian roll. Make no mistake about it, this is not a bun, this is a roll. The bread was dense and resisted compression when I picked it up and my first thought was it was going to overpower the meat big-time. Not so; it actually worked pretty good so don't let my photos fool you. The burger-to-bun ratio was okay and I ended up enjoying it. Had the doneness of the burger been what I ordered, this would've gotten a higher mark but for now, it gets a 7.5/10.  I hope to get back there soon to try the Tempura Hot Pepper Rings. Great concept no?  Not sure why the hell I didn't order them.
PS - the fries were killer.




    LOVE HAND-WRITTEN SIGNS AT A BURGER JOINT....
  



















     SHOUT OUT TO OUR HOSTESS TERRI !!














     THEY ARE ONTO SOMETHING HERE......





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I'm writing? Feel free to comment...