ATTENTION: BOYCOTT YELP.COM NOW!!!
I NO LONGER POST REVIEWS ON YELP.COM BECAUSE THEY CATER TO RESTAURANTS THAT GIVE THEM MONEY AND PURPOSELY "FILTER" (HIDE) GOOD REVIEWS FOR THOSE WHO CHOOSE NOT TO PAY UP. THEY ARE NOT SHOWING YOU "ALL" THE REVIEWS. THEY WILL TELL YOU THEY HAVE AN AUTOMATED SYSTEM THAT PICKS AND CHOOSES REVIEWS THEY FEEL ARE UNBIASED - DON'T BELIEVE THEM! IT'S JUST A MONEY-MAKING SCAM! STICK WITH URBANSPOON OR TRIPADVISOR, AT LEAST YOU'LL SEE "ALL" THE COMMENTS SO "YOU" CAN DECIDE TO TRY IT OR NOT!

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Loading...
TO SEE MORE BURGERS, BE SURE TO CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH PAGE OR JUST CLICK ON A TIMELINE BELOW...

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
No Bull Burger Purist - Born and raised in NJ, the heart of the tri-state area and home to the oldest (and best) burger joints in the country. I don't need all the frilly toppings, happy servers or trendy decor, just a good burger...

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pompton Queen Diner, Pequannock, NJ

Pompton Queen Diner on Urbanspoon
Where: Pompton Queen Diner, Pequannock, NJ
What:  The Finlandia Burger 
Build: Imported Finlandia Swiss cheese, smoked bacon, sauteed mushrooms and onions, toasted brioche bun.
Comment:  Once again, I find myself reluctantly ordering a burger at a NJ diner. If you live in Jersey you already know that being served a good one is "hit or miss" (usually miss). With all the great food NJ diners produce, I can understand why the majority of them don't take their burgers very seriously - they just have so many other menu items it really doesn't matter to them - I get it, but I don't have to like it. The Pompton Queen is known locally as being one of the better diners in the area (and it's true) however, they too need to up-the-ante when it comes to their burgers. Don't get me wrong, they start with what tastes like a very good grade of Black Angus meat, but as with most diners, the doneness of your burger can range from cold inside to a charcoal briquette. I ordered mine med/rare and received the med/well and the fact that the burger was so very dry, lead me to believe the cook kept pressing the burger on the grill (which as we all know, is a sacrilegious act).  I found this to be the only downside of what was otherwise a very well put together sandwich. I'm giving it a 7.5/10 on the BC rating scale. 










                                     





































Too well done.... (asked for med/rare)






Luke - housin' a grilled cheese with a side of Goldfish...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I'm writing? Feel free to comment...